2.18.2010

Winter Vacation Pt 4.5


Saturday we took it easy. Had some breakfast at a deli before heading to the Museum of Modern Art. I would recommend checking out MoMA if you visit NYC. Tim Burton had an exhibit there, but we showed up too late to purchase tickets. We had a great time looking around even though we missed out on the Burton exhibit. Our good friend Kristen Lober is a makeup artist who happened to be down the street at Bryant Park for the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.



She does the makeup for models and celebs and people with too much money. We met up for coffee and got to catch up with her. Apparently Amtrak has been having a lot of issues with their trains running to NYC. Her train's engine died and they had to get another one. While she was waiting on the train for a new engine to show up, there was no electricity or heat. Our friend Scott had a similar problem where his train CAUGHT ON FIRE. He missed the show he was supposed to attend in NYC. I don't ever think I've heard Scott tweet so angrily in the past year I've known him.


That picture is not of the train that Scott was on. I just used it to be a little dramatic. For dinner we decided to eat at the restaurant in the hotel. It was recommended to me by a previous co-worker who frequented New York just for the dining experience. Serena and I ate a 5 course meal at Gordon Ramsay's Maze. Amazing. This was the best meal we have had this year. I highly recommend Maze, its definitely worth it. We went to bed early to catch the 7 AM bus out of Chinatown.

No comments:

Post a Comment