2.18.2010

Winter Vacation Pt 3


The amazing bus company we would be traveling on called themselves, "Double Happyness" We got to the bus stop early and saw the shuttle van we were supposed to get on. I asked the driver if we should get on. He told me he had to go to Dover and he would come back for our stop in 20 minutes. We waited about 40 minutes and when he came back the van was stuffed full of people and their luggage. What were we gonna do? We had no ride to pick up the bus in Wilmington. Luckily I got a hold of one of our neighbors, Clarissa,  who agreed to ride with us and take our car back. So we rushed to Wilmington from Smyrna, breaking about 15 laws. We made it just in time and got on board to NYC!


We were welcomed into the London with friendly smiles and suede walls. The suite was amazing and had all kinds of cool furniture and luxuries. We decided that we would go to the DIM MAK Cloak and Dagger event at Santos Party House that night. After a nice Italian dinner across the street from the MoMA, we headed south to the party. 


It is a good thing that we attended this party. I got to meet a lot of cool people there. First we saw DJ Gina Turner playing in the basement. As the night progressed it started getting French in there. We saw Gaspard from Justice. I kinda stalked him out when he went into the bathroom. We got a picture with him, then DJ Mehdi. I don't think the kids there knew who they were as they walked amongst the dancers. 


We went up stairs for a bit of Fashen's set. I saw Roxy Cottontail having a good time dancing up on stage. Someone threw a beer on Serena so we went back downstairs. Someone gave me a blackberry and a camera to take a picture of them. It was dark in there and I couldn't tell who I was photographing. Turns out it was Roxy Cottontail and P-Thugg from Chromeo. I got to talk to them and get my picture with them too. P-Thugg was really nice and down to earth. I told both of them about our little difficulty getting to New York. Roxy was appreciative we made it to her party. 



Good music, great people. I love that my wife Serena is so amazing. I hope she had a great birthday even after all the drama with the weather and the bus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment