2.18.2010

Winter Vacation Pt 1

I have been meaning to blog for over a week now. So many EPIC things have been happening. I haven't been motivated to write about any of these events or even had the chance to. It all started right before the first snow on February 5th. Serena and I decided to stay at my parents house because she had to work Saturday through Tuesday no matter what because she is a nurse. My folks live much closer to the hospital than we do, so we believed it wise to stay there.
I woke up to my alarm at 5 AM and went outside to clear the car off. The snow at this point had accumulated quite a bit. My little brother Jon and I got the car prepared and shoveled out to the grooves in the street. We got Serena to work but it took us a little over an hour. The Subaru Forester is a champ in the snow! We saw all kinds of vehicles get stuck in the snow. We repeated this journey that night at 7 PM and repeated on Sunday.
In the mean time I listened to DJ Bis play for 8 hours straight on a ustream session he called Cabin Fever.



By the time Monday came, the roads were clear enough that it was an almost normal commute. My car was stuck in the garage because whoever plowed our neighborhood decided it was a good idea to put all the snow in my driveway. We had come home to a 6 foot high pile of snow. We had no shovel since I had borrowed my neighbors last time. Fortunately I work down the street. I walked to work Monday and Tuesday. We couldn't wait for Wednesday, the first day to our winter vacation. We were getting worried our plans for our trip to New York would be affected by the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment