2.18.2010

Winter Vacation 5

Please read 1-5 in order.


We made it home safe Sunday morning without coffee until we got to Smyrna. A very special thank you to Ryan who picked us up early Sunday morning. I can't say enough about our neighbors. Everyone has been so great. I can't wait to have BBQs this summer. Sunday afternoon my parents visit. We had a nice time catching up. A friend of mine from way back, about 12 years, texted me to see what this LUVSTEP was all about. I invited Amy to come out. Serena's co-worker Ashley was also trying to feel the love that night. We got to the Barbary a little after 10 PM. The place was decked out like a high school valentines dance, only this time the alcohol was legal. The Luvstep mixtape was being played as we all filed in and started drinking. They had a jungle juice fountain on stage in front of the Turntables. I also noticed a giant sub woofer box on the dance floor, w00t! Flufftronix and Lady Prowl opened up actually playing some good heavy bass. Gun$ Garcia and Dirty South Joe played a great set back and forth. I even heard Tegan and Sara. Great choice of songs, they got us dancing and having a good time. Big ups to Gun$ Garcia for playing Tegan & Sara. I don't think I have ever heard a male DJ drop some Tegan and Sara. Jackie O and Dave Nada came on next and played some great tunes. Then they all started switching back and forth with Dave ending the night with a killer set. I was dancing and hollering so hard, I can't remember all what he played. It was a great night and a long day. I ended up getting home about 4:30 AM after having been up in NYC at 5 AM the previous day.

So that was our Winter Vacation. It was most EPIC. I had a great time with my best friend and dance partner, my lovely wife Serena. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment