3.11.2010

Black Eyed Peas



Here is a short recap of the Black Eyed Peas. We have will.i.am, apl.de.ap, and Taboo from 1995 until now. They were first known as a hip hop group with Kim Hill singing on their tracks until 2000. They pick up Fergie in 2003 on Elephunk, and thats where we get the songs Where Is The Love, Shut Up, and Hey Mama (The first "silhouette" commercial for iPod).



Next came Monkey Business (2005), the album that brought us Don't Phunk with My Heart, Don't Lie, Pump It, and my favorite, My Humps.



Most recently in 2009 they released The E.N.D. (The Energy Never Dies). If you have been in a coma this last year, this album was huge for them. It is a more electronic sound than before. I believe this is going to be the trend with most pop and hip hop going forward (ex. Lady Gaga etc.). The E.N.D. gave birth to Boom Boom Pow, Imma Be, and I Gotta Feeling (produced by David Guetta).



Following its release, will.i.am remarked that the album had been inspired by a trip to Australia, specifically the sound of The Presets' My People. "The energy on the Presets' small little stage was crazy energy. That song My People - that shit is wild," will.i.am said, "That's the reason why this record sounds the way it does - my three months in Australia."



The BEP are huge, they've had many #1 spots on US and international charts. They've won 6 Grammys and have been nominated 16 times in the past 6 years.

will.i.am has been doing a lot of electronic stuff as of recent. He is known as ZuperBlahq on Steve Aoki's I'm in the House.



Then I saw him at the Beats By Dre party at the Times Square Best Buy with Diplo and David Guetta. He is using the same Vestax VCI-300 that I use. You can watch the other videos from JOEDONUT to see the other performances that day...



Last night on Twitter I saw that the Mad Decent crew with Diplo rolled up to the Trouble and Bass party, No Escape from New York. 12th Planet was the guest DJ that night. Here are some of the tweets.

theV: "Lets go to Trouble and Bass" -Will.I.Am

DJGINATURNER: LA DUDES VS NY DUDES & DUDETTE TONIGHT AT @TroubleandBass and it's awesome

ac_slater: RT @babysarahrulz oh boy, wil I am just rolled into @troubleandbass with @diplo , WELCOME TO THE FUTURE LEYLA!!!! @hrtsrevolution

ac_slater: thanks to everyone for coming to @troubleandbass tonight and showing @12thplanet and @flinchpseudo a good time! <3 y'all.

TroubleandBass: Big Up @12thplanet & @Flinch_Psuedo and @diplo @maddecent for bringing Black Eyed Peas to T&B. Another great NO ESCAPE FROM NY!!!

12thplanet: Man last night was too much.. big upples to @troubleandbass posse @dimmakrecs posse @maddecent posse @eiknarf and BEP for holdin it down!



My prediction is that the next release from will.i.am or the BEP crew is going to have some HEAVY BASS! I am actually excited to hear Fergie over a deep wobble. I think it suits her.

No comments:

Post a Comment