4.13.2010

Salad Days | Mad Decent | Commonwealth




Back in 1998 my friends that I met in high school that would become my closest and most influential peers got me into punk and hardcore music. We all skateboarded and had similar interests and outlooks on life. I was very sheltered from "secular" music growing up in a strict Christian home. This music, new to me, was the rebellious music of the devil that I had not been able to listen to. This counter culture was underground even in '98 and I was very eager to be a part of it. I was going to local shows and making mixtapes for my friends. We literally used cassette tapes on a boom box to make these. Any one remember what those were? Sometimes my mom would find them and throw them in the trash.

The 70's, 80's, and 90's punk and hardcore music influenced my taste in music heavily. The culture of the punk rock shows also influenced me. There would be fights and drinking and smoking, all the things my mother wanted me to be sheltered from. One of the best things that I went to shows for was the girls. They would be in love with these band members no matter how big or small the band was. I would go in and mosh and skank and dance in the pit with a bunch of sweaty over exerted dudes. The memories are just flowing back to me.

I met Stereofaith this past summer at a gig in Delaware. He was able to take a crowd that was more interested in gossip than the music and get them dancing. I don't believe its an easy task and have seen numerous "DJ's" who just will play the one genre of music that they like. No one else could be feeling what they are playing, but they insist on sticking to their guns. I more recently have met Nadastrom. These two have the ability to make anyone dance with their music and can DJ a party until there is sweat on the walls.

I have been anticipating this mixtape since I first heard about it months ago. Finally, here it is.



From:
Blog » Mad Decent Worldwide Radio #59 - Salad Days | Mad Decent


"Salad Days" is a hardcore punk mix that Nadastrom and DJ
Stereofaith pieced together. Having been raised by the DC punk and
hardcore scenes in the late 80s and 90s, they give a nod to their
musical roots and continue to refer to the DIY ethos as working DJs and
producers. The "Salad Days" mixtape is a celebration of the energy and
passion of punk and hardcore music.

You can go subscribe to the podcast or download without doing so... HERE

DJ Stereofaith — Nadastrom — Mad Decent Worldwide Radio #59 - Salad Days











    His Hero Is Gone - Like Weeds

    Bad Brains - Don't Need It

    The Damned - Stab Your Back

    Dag Nasty - Can I Say

    7 Seconds - Clenched Fists Black Eyes

    Dead Kennedys - California Uber Alles

    Project X - Dancefloor Justice

    Misfits - Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight?

    Descendents - SUburban Home/All

    Blitz - Someone's Gonna Die Tonight

    Cock Sparrer - Where Are They Now?

    Stiff Little Fingers - Alternative Ulster

    The Clash - White Riot

    Nation Of Ulysses - Shakedown

    Hoover - Regular Watts

    Drive Like Jehu - Bullet Train To Vegas

    Refused - Tannhauser Derive

    Minor Threat - Salad Days

    -------------------------------

    Sid Vicious - My Way

    Infest - Where's The Unity?

    Dead Boys - Sonic Reducer

    Circle Jerks - Red Tape

    Government Issue - I'm James Dean


    — Mad Decent

    No comments:

    Post a Comment