12.15.2010

Tron Legacy 3D IMAX in King of Prussia



So I have a voucher for two passes to see Tron Legacy tonight in King of Prussia. It doesn't come out until Friday. I called the theater to ask if it was in 3D. They couldn't tell me if it was going to be in 3D or not. I don't want to see it in 3D for a number of different reasons (but thats another post for another day). The pre-showing is at 7pm, the movie starts at 8pm. The voucher claims first come first serve and there is no guarantee you will be admitted if the theater ends up being over booked. The promoter can give away as many vouchers as they would like. I was really excited to go tonight. Then my reasoning kicked in and I had this chat with my wife over gtalk.


Andy:
nice
i dunno about this tron thing

serenafdee:
Why?

Andy:
its a hike up to KOP and we'd be driving in rush hour traffic

serenafdee:
Not feeling it?

Andy:
I wanna see it, but I'm not feeling the drive and the chance it may be in 3D which is looking more and more the case since I'm studying up on it
Imax 3d tickets cost 17.50 so We have two tickets worth 35.00

serenafdee:
Ok hmm

Andy:
its 78.4 miles from our house
your car gets an avg of 23 mpg?
so 156.8 miles round trip make it 150 and round down to 20 mpg we have 7.5 gal of gas at 3 dollars makes it $22.50 just in gas
plus we will prob eat out so add another ten to fifteen
thats between 30 to 40 dollars
to see a free movie an hour and a half away with no traffic
if we go see any movie in 2D at Dover that starts between 4 and 6pm its only 6 bucks a ticket, 8 bucks a ticket after 6
oh wait matinee is $8 and evening is 10.50
so we could see tron 2D at 4pm this week after friday for 12 bucks
saving ourselves 30 dollars and 4 hours of driving in traffic


TL DR:
I'm such a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment